View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
roxylove11
Yorkie Yakker

Default Roxy is sick....

this morning when I woke up, I took Roxy out and when I brought her back in she vomited twice (yellow foamy bile)...she has done this before so I wasnt extremely worried...at first...I went to work & my mom was off today, she said she vomited again (same thing)...she did go to the water bowl a few times and also ate 2 dry biscuit treats (old mother hubbard)...when I got home she wasnt acting right, usually very hyper and excited to see me and running around like a maniac, but today she kind of just trotted over to me...I called the vet immediately and brought her in...did blood work and took vitals - everything came back good (relieved!) I have a suspicion that she may have eaten a button because her favorite activity is to go through the hampers and chew off any button she finds! (This morning I woke up to my clothes EVERYWHERE! lol) the vet did not feel anything in her belly to suggest an obstruction - he told me to monitor her closely. About an hour ago she awoke and started making weird sounds almost as if it was a mix of dry heaving/hyperventilating, which I was told was a reverse sneeze? (not by my vet) She got up a few mins after, drank some water and ate some food the vet gave me (high fiber)...she peed & pooped a little, now she is playing with some of her toys almost back to her old self...I'm still very worried - this little pup is my heart & soul! I will probably bring her back to the vet while i am at work tomorrow just so they can monitor her and shes not alone...I just wanted to share my story & possibly get some advice from those who have gone through similar situations before
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!