View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
lilorson
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thanks everyone for your replies. My internet was down today and just now got back online. Update: This morning little Orson saw me getting my coffee and he went to my chair and waited for me. He sat with me and seemed more like himself. My husband thinks he was just tired last night, as some of you suggested. On further thought, I remembered that during his 2-hour visit with this family and his parents before we left on vacation, he was fine when we picked him up and brought him home. The only difference was that the daughter of the family was not there during that visit. Last summer, this 14-year-old daughter mostly took care of him because she was out of school. He also slept with her. She probably took care of him a lot as a puppy before we got him. My husband thought he was missing her. He may have been missing her again last night. He did remember the family and as soon as he saw the husband, he just about jumped out of my arms trying to get to him. We have decided to try to get him used to riding in a car [He does get car sick, sometimes.] and take him with us on our next trip, or try leaving him with another family. My niece has two Yorkies. We do have a larger dog that stays outside. Orson has kind of a finicky personality. He has a daily routine here and wants his things in a certain place. I gave him a bath this morning and held him a long time and talked to him. He seems fine now. He got over this sad spell much quicker than he did last summer.
lilorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!