View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #14
rubymoon2072
Cedric♥Lola♥Keylo
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsnaround View Post
wow do i understand your story My dh has been out of work since November and we are going thru our savings and money all to fast. I to have great family if and when i need it. Only thing is I think my dh will get to go back to work at sometime. And disabilty is a hard thing to get. I have tried once but since have decided I need to wait for it to be a full year. Hoping it will not be but you just never know.

So happy that you have gotten this great news. And you can take a big deep breath now and not feel like your drowning. Congrats

I must have missed your story what happened to you dh? And I hope he is okay
i really only metioned it once i think in the get to know you thread..could be forgetting the correct name of the thread pic with face? anyway i usually try to keep my personal life to myself but lately i have been so stressed and not having to many real friends to vent to and my husband being so upset i have sorta used YT to help me through these super tough things. he hurt himself when we moved here 11 years ago cutting wood. he has since reinjured himself several times as he was a mechanic and its hard labor so three back surgeries later and they say he needs still needs another. he has permanent nerve damage due to the fact that we didnt have health insurance (i switched jobs) and i got the money to get cobra, we had the surgery scheduled and his surgeons appt manager cancelled the surgery because the cobra wouldnt be active till the mon morning of the surgery. which made no sense to me as cobra is retro but she would not hear of it so instead of being operated on in aug he had to wait until nov. its hard to fight city hall and his surgeon states that this is why he has the permanent nerve damage and leaves out the fact that they cancelled the surgery. believe i have wanted to rip into him a couple of times but we need him so i bite my tongue and wonder if he even knows what really happened. so long long story short we never expected he would not go back to work. but he just wasnt getting any better and has pain everyday. it was an extreme shock to be told that by two doctors and then while trying to accept that we worked thru the process of disability as it was our only choice for long term. the doctors kept telling us not to worry we were legit and there would be no issues but you never know. we were so worried because as others have stated here it is so hard to be approved and ill tell you we were so sick about it. they will eventually send him back to school at a later time when they get him out of pain and so there is hope that my 41 yo husband may someday be able to return to work just not anytime soon. i wish you luck with your DH and i hope he gets to go back to work as soon as he can. again thank you it is a huge weight off my shoulders and all you can do is stay positive and live each day to the fullest....but somedays easier said than done!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!