View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
lilorson
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry Newbie with sad baby

Hello everyone. I am to new to the forum and appreciate all the info here. We have a 16-month-old male Yorkie that we got when he was 12 weeks. He was the firstborn and smallest of the litter of three. He never cried at night when we first brought him home and is loved and doted on by all in our family of four. Since we've had him, we've only left him overnight for two short vacations. We left him with the family who had him originally and still have his father. Their married daughter still has his mother, and she also visited during his visits. His first overnight stay with them was three months after we got him. When we brought him home, he was so sad for several days but finally perked up and returned to his happy self. Two weeks ago, we took him for a brief 2-hour visit with this family prior to taking another vacation. He immediately recognized the family even though it had been 9 months since he had seen them. He was also reunited with his birth mother and father, as well as a sister from another litter. He was fine when we picked him up. Tonight we picked him up from another 4-night stay with this family, and it is heartwrenching to watch him. When we got home, he had tears in his eyes and has had a sad face all night. I have sat and held him like a baby and his sad face makes me want to cry. Do you think he is missing this other family, his parents or is hurt that we left him? He turns his head when my husband and I look at him and just lays in his bed. He seems so happy with us and our two children, until we leave him. Please advise.
lilorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!