View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Dogs don't normally spit up or vomit so a vet check is in order to see if something he is eating is upsetting his stomach and if the loss of fluid is dehydrating or lowering his blood sugar. Why would a vet give an injection for dehydration? To put vital fluids into a dehydrated animal without involving the G-I tract. Timely treatment for either dehydration/hypoglycemia can be life-saving as a Yorkie, being a small dog, hasn't much in the way of reserves. If I had a baby or child or if even I had been throwing up & not eating well since Friday, I would have long ago sought professional care & we need to treat dogs with no less care. One of the best ways we can show love to our loyal little friends with four feet & no voice is to get them competent help & treatment when they don't feel well. Take action before your little Yorkie gets any sicker. I pray this little one has nothing really bad.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!