View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
dabido
Yorkie Yakker

Default Vomitting since Friday morning

Let me preface this quick rundown with the fact that I found a ton of Levi's hair covering my bed on Friday morning- apparently he had stayed up most of the night obsessively grooming himself. There were about two little wads of hair and a thin layer of single hairs all over my comforter. I lint rolled it and just figured he was anxious about something.

Then, Levi vomitted Friday around noon- it was a dry heaving, followed by one spit up of yellow/clear fluid (no solid food). I had food and water available for him but he didn't eat anything.

Friday night we found more vomit (at least 2) in the bedroom- same deal, yellow/green fluid. He did eat his dinner on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday were followed by at least once-daily vomits.
He is passing the regular food, and is using his litter box regularly.

Sunday morning we fed him just overcooked rice and chicken broth, but he wasn't too keen on eating it.

Sunday night we tried to feed him some plain pumpkin mixed with the broth and rice. He ate maybe a tablespoon or two of it, and then lost interest.
Early this morning, he was heaving again in the bed, so I quickly ran him over to the sink and he spit up more fluid.

In the past as a puppy, his fluid spit up was because of not eating enough, which explains the yellowy fluid (bile-related?)
But I'm not sure what to do now that it's been ongoing for a few days.

I can mostly eliminate an intestinal blockage, because he is passing the little amount that he eats, but why does he keep spitting up?
He is mentally active and physically acting normal- tag wagging and running around following us like normal.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

I will consider a vet visit if this continues much longer, but my previous experiences with the vet & vomitting are that they can't do much other than give him a hydration injection for prevention and tell us to keep an eye on him. (And charge us a lot for the consultation)
I'd just like to be a little proactive and try to calm his tummy as much as possible...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!