View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #8
JimH
Yorkie Talker

Default ticks

Where we live here in Idaho the deer are everywhere with Mule Deer and whitetail in our yards every night, I have counted up to 30+ at times on our 5 acres and the deer ticks are terrible here too! Frontline doesn't work that well....I have even tried mixing Permectrin II with water as advised for dogs and sprayed that directly on my Wirehair Pointer and Doberman female and the others as well. It works best, but they still get them, have to watch this time of year especially when wet is when they are worse than ever. The Permectrin II is supposed to last 2 weeks between spraying, but only works about one day or two.....we have 5 dogs total with aussie being shaved totally and my Pom/Pek is shaved totally except head. Wirehair has natural short hair almost looks like a German Shorthair and Doberman almost has no hair so easy to spot this way. Our little baby Yorkie even had one on her and she only goes supervised in front lawn. 11 weeks old and too young to put anything on her yet. I hate using this stuff (any of it) as it cannot be good for the dogs! We clip short starting a month ago when they first started coming out and visually inspect all the time. I hate the little buggers, they are really bad this year and our cats are banished to outside 24x7 now until it warms up and ticks seem to pretty much go away with heat for some reason, as we never see them except once in a great while after heat comes! I would think they would be bad then too! ???????
JimH is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!