View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #12
kara
YT Addict

Love Matise's never closed.

My breeder said the same thing that she had this before and they usually closed by 9-12 months of age. Well on wednesday Matise turned 17 months old and his hasn't changed one bit in size it is also about 1 cm in diam. I am constantly paranoid he will hit it just right and have a serious complication or even death as a result. My vet said it will never close and that I should be very careful, and that he was 99% sure he would live a normal life(all other illnesses aside) and shouldn't suffer from any complications from it but I should be wary of anything on his head or him hitting his head or if he plays with other dogs or shows any neuralogical signs later in life-ie: result of water on the brain I think it is called hydrocelphalitus(sp) he doesn't show signs now and probably never will but.... So yes it is a big responsibility. But with vigilant supervision you should be fine. It is a big deal and you should definetly consider the responsibilities and risks associated with this condition. Good Luck with your new little one!

Last edited by kara; 01-22-2006 at 08:34 PM.
kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!