View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
anetka21
Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Tick Control.... help

Hello Everyone,

I have a major issue. I have two yorkie girls - about 3 years old. They love going outside and getting into every corner, bush, flower plants in our half an acre back yard...We live in the suburbs of Chicago and this is our first spring in this house with this huge yard... The problem??? Ticks!!! Almost every week when we go over to the house (it's in renovation stage) and when they run around the yard, they have one tick in them... Since March, Maya had two ticks and Lily had 3. I must specify they are on prevention medicine... First we used the Trioshield that is sold in Banfield for few months, than we used K9Advantix which really sucks... I went to the vet and they recommend Frontline... We also apply the tick killing stuff on the yard but nothing seems to be working. I cannot vaccinate them for Lyme Disease because they have reactions to those strong vaccination where they seem wabbly, drunk, and sleepy for days after that... Do you guys have any idea what to do??? I'm scared that they will get sick, and we will get sick too...Ticks are discusting .... blehh.
anetka21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!