Thread: Update on Moose
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
Rescuemomma
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Glad to hear Moose is improving... nice of you to offer grooming services to their Dad... Prayers that Moose recovers quickly.
Well, lets put it this way - I've been in some really hard spots in my life before as well. I know life isn't easy for him right now, and I know how upset he seemed about the matting and condition the dogs where in when he came over here to drop them off. Heck, aside from a little bit of shampoo and some time, and maybe a little upkeep on my clippers every now and then, it costs me almost nothing to groom them for him - And if they're not kept groomed, it's the dogs suffer. I really have fallen in love with these 2 boys, and want to make sure he has the support he needs to make sure they get what they need. There's always things like dentals or other such stuff that need to be done but can be put off, these boys could both use dentals - but he has kept their shots updated and made sure they got yearly checkups, kept them on a decent diet, and they where obviously not underfed - Moose is to fat, and Skeeter at the heavy side of ideal. Grooming can get away from anyone when you're having medical problems and can't do it yourself! Groomers in this town can be CRAZY, especially if it's at all matted, even very mild! He clearly loves and cares about these dogs and does his best - And that's what I care about! If helping him keep them groomed is what it takes to improve their quality of life and make his easier, then I don't mind spending a few hours once a month or so trimming them and keeping them groomed for him at all! It's a great way to get to spend some time with them after they leave here!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!