View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 07:22 PM   #1
jjz
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Omg Help! Potty training 3 yr. old rescued Yorkies

My husband and I rescued 2 female Yorkies Feb 1st. They were not abused, but they were neglected by the previous owners. Snicker and Doodle are sweet as can be and 3 yrs. Old. We were told they are potty trained and know how to use a doggie door. We do not have a doggy door, but we do let them out consistently and take them for walks, etc.

Our biggest problem is that we have had them for over 2 months now and they still have accidents in the house. We take them outside constantly and give them a small treat every time they potty outside. When they have an accident, we tell them "No" in a stern voice and put them outside.

Sometimes they will potty in the house 5 minutes after we've let them in from being outside!

They can usually go all night (11:30pm-7am) without an accident and they sleep in bed with us. Recently, they have started peeing on the carpet in the middle of the night. I know they know better and we don't know what to do anymore, as their potty training is getting worse. It's getting very frustrating and we don't want to have litter boxes or pee pads laying around.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, thank you.
jjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!