View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

I don't often leave them in a hotel/motel room, but if so they are all crated, and I too put up the Do not Disturb. And as mine will bark, it usually only to go to a take out place. Normally when we travel we usually cook either at the park, or in the motel lot. I have an electric plate, plus a portable bbq also a coleman stove. You can make a whole lot with those three things. I usually buy really premium food stuff, so it is a treat for us. You know great steaks, shrimps, etc. I menu plan so I know what we are having to eat, and then left overs usually make our lunch for the next day. I also take breakfast things, and have a french press pot we travel with. I co-ordinate the meals with different wines n things. Sometimes it means we don't eat until fairly late, particularly if we are at the show. We always like to take the pups for a big walk about after showing, as they have been in their crates except for potty breaks most of the day. Then we all are together to eat outside/inside if it is bad weather, or too cold.

I have also left my big ones in the van with the fans on if we have to eat inside and they can't come in. Never in weather over 75 degrees. RAzzle I put in my purse carrier and sneak him in :-) We also check the van out ever 10-15 minutes and try to get the window seats.

With my next large van I'm getting a Zanotti and that is an additional A/C, so that you can keep the dogs in an air conditioner van.

I've also left my dogs in crates in the house I'm visiting if we are staying there.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!