View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
zowiandnikasmom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kionini View Post
I was told that not all fish can be given to Pancrititis sufferes, that it has to be "cold water fish" because they have less fat Which whitefish can food are you using? 6% sounds great! I'm using Blue Basics (Salmon) 8% protein, but not sure if it's good for my boy

My vet prescribed Famotidine (I didn't know its's pepcid ac) and also Metronidazole, but said that they most be given at least for 5 days every time I used it (I was using only when I thought Nicky was in pain) because they can develop immunity and it will stop working. How often do you use it?

Pancrititis is indeed scary and painful, I can tell on my boy
hmm interesting about the fish, i never heard that and did discuss zowi's food with her dr after her hospitalization last september. i will have to ask about that again. her main diet is the dry food i mentioned (healthy weight chicken) and the canned food i am just using for giving her meds. this is the one i am using:
BLUE Longevity Natural and Healthy Canned Dog Food
i'm not sure it would be good for your boy either but this is what's working for zowi. definitely something your vet should be able to give you some direction on. i remember how frusterated i was trying to find something that would work for zowi.
zowi was only given the pepcid for 5 days after she came home, so it was temporary. after that we have not needed it thankfully.
hang in there. it sounds like you're doing everything you can for your sweet rigby. you will be both be in my thoughts and prayers. hope he is all better soon!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!