View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
kionini
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zowiandnikasmom View Post
i'm so sorry to read that you and rigby are going through this. my zowi was hospitalized last september with pancreatitis. did the vet give you any famotidine (pepcid ac)? something you could ask the dr about if not. zowi was sent home with this for stomach upset. she has been on the blue buffalo dry chicken and brown rice healthy weight formula (yellow bag) which has 6% fat and canned whitefish reduced calorie which has 4% fat and has been going great on that. sorry i don't have any more advice for you but i do truly hope that you can find something that will manage rigby's condition. pancreatitis is so scary! prayers and well wishes for your sweet little rigby!

I was told that not all fish can be given to Pancrititis sufferes, that it has to be "cold water fish" because they have less fat Which whitefish can food are you using? 6% sounds great! I'm using Blue Basics (Salmon) 8% protein, but not sure if it's good for my boy

My vet prescribed Famotidine (I didn't know its's pepcid ac) and also Metronidazole, but said that they most be given at least for 5 days every time I used it (I was using only when I thought Nicky was in pain) because they can develop immunity and it will stop working. How often do you use it?

Pancrititis is indeed scary and painful, I can tell on my boy
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!