View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #16
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
My pups are on Science Diet Ideal Balance and I have no issues with them not liking it. Maybe you might want to try it.

Ideal Balance? Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Dinner - Dry

They have a rebate offer here:

http://www.hillspet.com/pdf/en-us/IB_rebate.pdf

Don't believe all of the negative comments about Hill's Science Diet. They are a very reputable company! They spend a lot of money on research and feeding trials making sure that their foods are good, healthy balanced diets for dogs and cats.

I also agree with your vet. Dogs don't starve themselves. I put the food down and if they do not eat it in about 10-15 minutes, I pick it up. Then they wait for the next feeding. They get the message and eat when they are hungry. People worry so much and offer other foods and that is what makes a picky eater.
I agree so much. I got a fussy older pup from Russia a couple of years ago. She didn't want to eat her kibble the breeder had her on. So I don't free feed. She had about 1o minutes to eat, and if she turned her nose up, up it went. By day 3 she was tucking in with gusto. How-ever as I homefeed my other two, about wk 2 she was refusing to eat; this time it was cause that homemade food smelt so gooodddd... So I started to wean her off kibble and onto the homemade diet.

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!