Thread: hypoglycemia
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #8
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

How old is your baby and how much does she weigh? If she is VERY tiny, you are going to have to watch her VERY closely....I bought a tiny, tiny little male and ended up taking him to work with me for 5 months.....you MUST be sure the baby is eating....I advise free feeding, he has to be able to grab a bite when ever he wants....but, just providing access to food is not enough....if you have to sit and hand feed every peice of food, that is what you will have to do! YOU MUST ALWAYS HAVE TUBES OF NUTRI-CAL OR NUTRI-STAT WHICH IS ESSENTIALLY THE SAME THING, EVERY PLACE YOU ARE!!! I carry it in my purse, in my car, I have tubes at home in both the kitchen and the master bath room, and a tube in the diaper bag that stays packed for the babies, for quick "grab and go" situations....simply because when you are confronted with your baby having seizures or unconscious, your mind goes completely blank and you will forget where your Nutra-Cal is........I also have something that I swear by...it is less messy than the Nutra-Cal and they LOVE it....you can easily dose the baby with it....Dr.Miller's Nutra-Drops....look it up and read about it....www.animalwellness.net.....they ADORE this stuff and they will easily lap it from a 3 cc syringe you can get from your vet. When I had to medicate my baby, I was giving 1cc/6x per day...it kept him on an even keel, and after I started using this, he had no more of the events that YOU just went through. He should get through this when he hits 3 lbs or 6 months old....but you have to watch him like a hawk...everytime he goes through an event like this, it takes a little more out of him, and there is the possibility of brain damage with repeated events. If you have him on dry kibble, you would be wise to grind it up to the texture of course cornmeal....that ensures he does not get tired out, chewing on larger pieces, before he can get more in his tummy per meal....like you, if you have a plate full of T-Bone steak that you have to cut up and chew, you are going to get worn out with all the effort....if someone has ground it up into tiny bite size pieces, you will be able to scarf down 5 times as much before you wear out! AFTER you get this baby over this first several months, you can start looking at possible other health concerns....the more accurate tests for these conditions he would not survive at this point....and he may not have anything else going on except the hypoglycemia....my tiny baby only had that issue and he grew out of it. Feel free to PM me if you need more info....I can tell you about the kibble that I feed my tiny, special baby....
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!