View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #11
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

On the other side of the coin, while it might not be the best joke, I really think when someone says, they were doing crack in reference to a woman of 89 they or no one else would even think it was meant seriously. Work environments each have their own culture and not knowing yours it is hard to comment. But most people like working with people they feel at ease with and not have to worry about every little thing they say. Do you know the person that said this, are they normally insensitive, if so that is one thing, but if they are the type of person that makes jokes easily and people seem to like them you could wind up being the one that looks bad and can't take a joke. Office environments are tricky and it is hard to know when to take a stand and when not to, but refusing to go to meetings could lead to trouble for you down the road. I am sort of a hyper person, but not some one would would ever do drugs let alone crack, I believe on more than one occasion someone might have said kidding, are you on crack, or speed, but to me it would be such a ludicrous statement I would only laugh. Honestly I can tell how much your grandmother meant and still means to you but I think people laughed because of the outrageousness of the statement.

Last edited by DBlain; 05-04-2012 at 09:45 AM.
DBlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!