View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
rubymoon2072
Cedric♥Lola♥Keylo
Donating Member

Angry Tell me what you would do....

ok yesterday i was in a wellness committee meeting. i am on a few committees at work and try to be involved and as positive of a leader as i can possibly be. i have been here less than a year. i do not have a lot of friends and really thats not important here but my point is i try to keep work work and not be friends with the people i work with to a certian extent. so anyway were in the meeting and a i was referring to how i need at least 8 hours of sleep but used the my Nana as an example as she only needed 5 hours of sleep a night. she died last winter at 89 years old and it was very hard for me becuase she was so important to me and i loved and still love her dearly. anyway a co-worker says well maybe she was doing crack....i felt i had to defend my deceased Nana. this women does not know me very well and shes knows i just lost my Nana. i found this very offensive and tried not to overeact and let it go during the meeting. everyone in the room took it as a joke but i was very upset and it sat with me all night and this morning i was more pissed than anything. first i think she was completely outta line. i would not refer to anything like that unless i was very good friends with someone and still i dont think i would say such a thing in a work environment no matter how comfortable i was with them. am i wrong to be pissed. i have emailed HR and told her i will no longer be participating on two committees in which this person is on. i just dont feel it is worth my energy to put myself around persons whom feel it is ok to act like this when you are an example for others. i feel it is wrong that the persons in charge and hr who were both in this meeting feel that is type of behavior is ok. to me this is not something you say about a persons Nana, even as a joke. to me it felt more like a stab and im very offended..am i the only one?? am i completely wrong on this?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!