Thread: Meet Bella
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 06:34 AM   #1
Onni
YT Addict

Talking Meet Bella

Hello Yorkie Talkers....I have been a member for a few years now, ever since I got my little fur girl Onni, whom I adore!

We recently baby sat a tiny little girl named Bella and were heart broken by the condition she was in..she was severely malnourished, dehydrated to the point her pee was orange and her ears felt like leather.

She had been diagnosed (without a blood test) when she was a puppy as having kidney problems, so she was put on an extremely low protein diet; 8% all soft food, which we and our vet believe stunted her growth and the soft food only diet made her teeth awful (she was only 2 pounds at 2 years old).

We suspected she had been misdiagnosed and took her to our vet while baby sitting her and had him run the correct blood tests...and sure enough her kidney's were just fine! We started her on a 26% protein diet and she began to improve immediately.

The lady that had her was not a bad person, she just did not understand the very unique nature of owning a Yorkie and her vet was a moron.

Bella lived on a leash most of her first 2 years because she would potty on the floor whenever she was let off, so she did not have a lot of spoiling going on.

I don't think she knew she was (royalty - a Yorkie ).

We probably permanently strained our friendship with the lady, but are glad we pushed the issue until we owned Bella. I was not willing to see her go back...we truly did not feel like she would have lived much longer if she had (she was in that bad of shape) Our vet told us we NEEDED to rescue her ASAP.

Skip forward to today, we have now had her since the beginning of Mrch this year and she has gained a whopping 3 ounces which is huge for her . She eats great, her ears feel like silk instead of leather now, she is fiesty, playful and one sweet little love bug!

She has now had all of her shots (she had never had any).

We took her in yesterday and had her spayed, her teeth cleaned (the vet said they looked like the teeth of an elderly dog), now they are all shiny clean, we had a little hernia fixed and her very floppy rear dew claws removed. She came through with flying colors (I was a nervous wreck )

She is home now and doing awesome.

Here is a couple of photos of Bella taken a few days ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Meet Bella-bella2b.png   Meet Bella-bella1b.jpg  
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!