View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #14
Pinky94
YT Addict

I hadn't even heard of Healthy Paws! I am reading up on it and like what I am finding. My only concern is that they've only been around for 2 years. I know that isn't necessarily a bad thing, but just don't know how comfortable I am relying on a new company for something so important. I also don't like how it doesn't include routine exams and with that I imagine it doesn't include annual shots. Right now I am paying $20/month for my vet's dog plan which includes all visits and shots, but that's it. If God forbid anything ever happens then I would have to pay out of pocket which worries me. The vet's plan doesn't cover emergency visits which isn't good either. The $500 deductible with 90% reimbursement is $24.22/month for me which isn't much more than what I am paying the vet. The $100 deductibe with 90% reimbursement is $30.89 which isn't much more, just more than I'm wanting to pay. But I know I will be kicking myself in the event that I need it and have to pay an extra $400 bc I didn't want to pay an extra $6 a month instead. Ah I don't know what to do. Sorry for the long post, just thinking things through, lol. What do you guys suggest? Switch over to insurance and just pay out of pocket for routine exams and shots?

Last edited by Pinky94; 05-03-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Pinky94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!