View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Alora
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Omg Henri won't let me cut his hair!

I cut Henri's hair myself and I don't usually have a problem, but recently he started fighting back. He will let me cut his back and belly without struggle, in fact he likes it when I cut those places, but if I try to cut the hair on his face or paws he will fight me like crazy. He will nip at the scissors and try to push my hand away with his paws. I have never had a problem cutting the hair on his face before, and nothing happened to make him act this way, I'm so confused I have tried everything I can think of to make him behave: positive reinforcement, treats, distraction, someone holding him while I cut, someone else cutting the hair while I hold him, I even tried holding him by his scruff (not proud of that). I'm unsure about taking him to a groomer because of the horror stories I have heard online, and I don't really know anyone near me that I can ask about the groomers in the area. I don't know what to do, his hair has reached the point where he can't even see unless I brush it down (which doesn't last long).
Anyone have any advice or tips that could help?

Last edited by Alora; 05-03-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Alora is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!