View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #15
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

The resolution to this issue depends on how much fight you have in YOU! There is well documented evidence we are over vaccinating our pets and there is growing concern that, among a multitude of side effects, an increase in the incidence of cancer may be linked to this. More and more vets are going along with the recent recommendations for a change in the administration of vaccines, and that titers be checked before re-vaccinating our pets. More and more vets as well as groomers, boarding facilities, etc accept waivers from vaccinations, as well as titer results, that assist in determining the necessity for re-vaccinating. Some days, these people like you encountered at your vet, will illicite a full blown fight to the end in me....and when I set my mind against something, they would have better luck moving Heaven and Earth, than making me back down from reliable evidence that supports my blind determination NOT to endanger my dog! I would start an all out effort to get documentation, as well as all medical records supporting evidence that substantiates my position or the events that have caused my refusal to administer the vaccine. And that office manager would back down and apologize to me for insinuating that I was "misrepresenting the facts" that led me to my decision" not to vaccinate against Bordetella. I have been known to beat a principle to death, rather than back down from what I believe. On another day, if I have a multitude of "brush fires"erupting in several areas of my life, I may have to pick my battle, and just tell them , "You can kiss my.......", and I would find a new vet, or a new groomer, or anyone else that needed to go from my life, because they would rather endanger my pet than agree to documented evidence supporting an alternative and acceptable realm of practice. ALL THIS BEING SAID, I agree with you and your stance on this issue. Under NO circumstances will I give ANYTHING to my pet that evidence based outcomes support checking titers and not over vaccinating. If necessary, I would keep my dogs at home and they would NEVER go anyplace that would DEMAND I risk their life by exposing them to an anaphyllactic reaction.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!