View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #10
MommytoMiles
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I don't know much about NYC - I am sure it is different, but there is always ways around things. I have a friend who lives in NYC and works at a dog daycare and has a dog on minimal vaccines/etc.

I refuse to over-load my dog on unnecessary vaccines simply to accommodate what some others say he "has" to have. Rabies, yes, I will do that every 3 years as per MD law because it's the only vaccine required by law and God forbid, he were to bite someone or something.

But as for other vaccines, he's gotten his DHPP as a pup, and as a one year old, and I will have titers as proof that he is still protected.

But we go camping, to the dog park, walks through the woods, hiking, beaches, dog events, etc. As far as dog boarding and grooming - I don't board him and I get a mobile groomer. But I do know of daycares around here that will accept titers. Oh and he is neutered, but I know a lot of dogs who still get to do things that are not fixed - it just requires more effort on the owners part of course.
Well, you can vaccinate your dogs however you choose; However, your access to dog services will be limited in NYC as the establishments will ask for proof of vaccines, especially if it is a state law, as well as proof of spay or neuter.

If one were to lie about these things and someone's dog gets sick or pregnant and if they can trace it back to that individual I would imagine that they would be sued. I, myself, would either adhere to the rules or find another option with lesser requirements. How would you feel I'd someone lied about their dog not being sick or vaccinated and then got your dog sick? That wouldn't make ME happy.
MommytoMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!