View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
lhallab
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My sick little Coco Bean

My sweet 3 year old Yorkie, Coco, started vomiting up her water and food last Thursday. On Saturday, I decided to take her in to see the vet. They put fluids in her back, gave her nausea meds, and some antiacid meds. An xray was done and they thought their might be some blockage but they were not sure. I was told to feed her rice and chicken. I gave her the rice and chicken that afternoon...it came back up a couple of hours later. By Sunday morning, she was throwing up bile. I took her to the ER at that point. They ran blood tests, started an IV, she was given nausea medicine, and more xrays were done. Blood tests were run on her pancreas, white count, etc. All came back good. Yesterday morning she was still throwing up. I could either run more tests or do exploratory surgery. I chose to do they surgery because she always eating things, we would know for sure if there was an obstruction, and we could get a biopsy. For cost reasons, I chose to have her surgery at the Vet Clinic. Everything went fine but they did not find any obstruction. They said her intestines were angry...red, bruised. They took a biopsy of her stomach and intestines. I took her back to the ER for after surgery care. She is still throwing up. They have not been able to get her off the IV and give her meds by mouth. I can keep her there for another day and a half. It is so very expensive to have her there. I am thinking of sending her to the vet during the day and with me at night. Has anyone had their dog vomit like this? My heart is broken. I love my Coco with all of my heart. Please keep her in your prayers....
lhallab is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!