View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
princessbunbun
Yorkie Yakker

Love Rave for EMU OIL!

Hi all!

This is a long-winded RAVE for Emu Oil. The brand I found at Central Market is called "Thunder Ridge" and I bought the small 2 oz. bottle. I will be buying a large bottle next time and my home will never be without it. I might try a different brand maybe at Whole Foods, due to some small granules developing in the oil over the last month, we'll see.

The oil is completely odorless, Leo loves it, and it's multi-purpose for our whole family. I would go so far as to call it a cure-all. No kidding!

I have been dog sitting for "Leo" a 3 yo Yorkie. Unfortunately, when Leo came to me he had terrible ear odor, excess wax (yeast overgrowth inside his ears as well as on his paws) and skin lesions EVERYWHERE. He was an itchy mess.

Turns out he was allergic to fleas. The Emu oil has been helping me deal with "hot spots" and has cured the skin flakiness. I rub the oil on the hot spots and I give Leo a teaspoon internally everyday. He licks it right out of my hand. He would not eat coconut oil and I didn't think the coconut oil was that effective topically for him. Also, I wasn't crazy about the smell. The Emu oil has been an absolute miracle product. I'm surprised there aren't more posts on Yorkie Talk about it! It's loaded with healthy omega oils!

As with most omega oils, it's supposed to be great for joint health, too. So, if your Yorkie has achy joints I would give it a try. I use it personally for EVERYTHING. I put it on my face morning and night and it's better than even the most expensive serums and lotions. I use it on my cuticles and hands - no more hangnails! My son puts it on his mosquito bites and they stop itching in 2-3 minutes. I even got a huge nasty cut on my knuckle from a tin can I was rinsing and it basically sealed up the wound overnight - and I haven't had any redness or pain. (Cuts on the knuckle are usually pretty bad since the joint is so mobile - but this has been record time healing!) It works REALLY well on burns... I could go on but this post is so long...

Here's to the health and hope in this tiny bottle! My favorite product of all time. Do I sound like I'm writing ad copy? I swear I don't work for an Emu oil company! Read the Amazon reviews for any of the Emu oil products and see for yourself.

Sending love to all the wee Yorkies in the world!
Lisa

p.s. I'm going to keep Leo! The previous owners said he was making their lives crazy with 4 kids and 3 dogs. Now he's mine all mine! Backflips of joy!

p.s.s. Who gets a Yorkie when they have 4 crazy kids running around and 2 big dogs?! He's a much happier baby now.
princessbunbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!