View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Saturday was not a good day at the Vet's

Saturday was not a good day at the vets.

First.. Sammy (lasha –about 7 years old) was sick. He yelped the night before when I went to pick him up. He didn’t want to go outside (potty time) and would not climb the stairs. During the night he threw up (yes, on our bed – which was odd because he didn’t jump down) I may have slept through it but Remy got upset and woke me up. The next morning he would not eat or drink. So off to the vet we rushed.
They did a blood work up.. at first they said it may be Pancreatitis !! That came back neg. so he thought it may be problems with his stomach, maybe even hook worms. They gave him a de wormer, and some other meds for his stomach. I have to give him ¼ of a peptic tablet. The vet also was concerned about his back. Lashas are a bit longer then tall so there could be problems. I am to get a harness and teach him to use the stairs for the bed. Poor guy looked so sick .. he slept all day. We are waiting for results for the test that had to be set out.
It is even harder because we had to go to Tampa for dh’s check up. Lisa offered to keep him but I am lucky that I have a friend who stays with them at the house.

Then there is Remy. She had her check up at the same time. The vet said she had LP… grade 1 maybe 2. I was shock.. don’t know why. I asked the vet about breeding and such. He said most Yorkies have lp… he said I was a long way from having to worry about it. But again be careful about jumping (he then laughed, I know she is a yorkie and she is active) He nicked named her Killer.. Princess Killer.

He said her teeth were fairly good, Sammy’s not so (it has been 3 years from his last dental, they were good last year). I said I brush Remy’s teeth. He seamed upset that I would brush Remy’s teeth and not Sammy’s. I explained…. Sammy bites!!!
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!