View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #8
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
If you spay her now at 6 months, won't the shut down of hormones affect her growth and maybe stop hert heart problems from correcting themselves?
Four Dr.s. 2 Vets, 1 an internist, 2 seperate independent cardiologists have examined her monthly and have thoroughly tested her 3 times since first onset. They all agreed that her "conditions" have resolved enough that spaying her at this time would not be detrimental, infact; the cardiologist this morning told me that her overall health is "beyond all expectations."

Of course I discussed the the above with him and he said that if he thought in any way spaying her would be a hinderance to her health he would not ok to proceed and that he thought coming in he was going to nix it... but after thorough testing, he without hesitation said to proceed.

Called my husband and told him the same thing as we made it clear that we did not HAVE to do this today, but I trust them and am so glad its a go!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!