View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 03:06 AM   #6
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim1971 View Post
My Bella is 8 almost 9 months old and I can not for the life of me get her housebroken. I will NOT use potty pads, newspapers etc. Its my belief that a dog should potty outside and only outside. I can leave her outside for several minutes sometimes up to an hr on nice days and within 5-10 minutes of being inside she will potty. I do watch her for clues and rush her outside and praise her when she potties outside but I do work full time and am not always home with her and when that occurs she is in the kennel.
???
Do you expect the same of yourself that you do of others? I hope that from the second you leave your house, until your return that you don't go to that restroom at all throughout the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom to Hot Rod View Post
The other thing you should probably considering is getting an expen to confine her. Since you do work full time, you may want to consider potty pads. It's way too much to expect a puppy to hold it for hours.
I fully agree. I find it ironic that people expect their small dogs "hold it all day" and wonder how many owners "hold it" all day themselves while at work.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!