View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
MY OSCAR
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim1971 View Post
my bella is 8 almost 9 months old and i can not for the life of me get her housebroken. I will not use potty pads, newspapers etc. Its my belief that a dog should potty outside and only outside. I can leave her outside for several minutes sometimes up to an hr on nice days and within 5-10 minutes of being inside she will potty. I do watch her for clues and rush her outside and praise her when she potties outside but i do work full time and am not always home with her and when that occurs she is in the kennel. I can not keep her confinded to just where i can see her as i have a very open floor plan the only walls/doors being to bathrooms and bedrooms. I just dont know what else to do, im lost i keep promising my finacee that she will house break and he is steadfast that she never will and hates her with a passion as a result. Please help me.
you may have to break that promise especially if you have a yorkie on the smaller end of the scale.
Tiny dogs have really tiny bladder and it is nearly impossible for them to hold it for more than a couple hours.
It would be much easier on her if she had an ex pen with her bed , some toys and her water on one side. On the other line with washable potty pads.
I just think it unfair to expect this little dog to not go
potty for a full work day...
MY OSCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!