View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
MY OSCAR
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynzy420 View Post
Miss Mia who is 24 weeks old is scheduled to be spayed tomorrow. Miss Mia in February was diagnosed with arrythmia, narrowing of the aorta and murmur. It was a firm diagnosis, two vets, two cardiologists all independent of eachother. She had echo, sonogram, xrays and ekg all came up with the same thing (my checkbook screamed at me for that one)...

Anyway, last test indicated that she was outgrowing it. Tomorrow they are doing a echo and ekg prior to surgery. If she passes the tests, she will have surgery and will be staying the night on fluids etc.

Send us good yt mojo tomorrow!

Couple questions, do they routinely remove baby teeth during surgery? Dew Claws (not removed at birth)?

Anything they can do that the pineapple can't do while they are in there? (my nervous attempt at humor)!

Thanks in advance for input.
FIRST , I HOPE THE SURGERY GOES WELL.
YES , THEY DO REMOVE RETAINED BABY TEETH AT THE SAME TIME.
AS FAR AS REMOVING THE DEWCLAWS I FOUND THIS ARTICLE YOU MAY FIND HELPFUL....

Many dog owners choose to have the dewclaws removed when the dog is going to be spayed or neutered. Most vets will recommend that you watch your dog for a few months prior to the surgery to decide for yourself if they are having any problems with their dewclaw. Only have the dewclaw removed at this stage of their life if you feel like it may cause problems down the road. Removal of the dewclaw at an older age will require stitches and recuperation time. The healing process may also be pretty daunting as your dog will not be able to resist picking and licking at the surgery site.
MY OSCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!