View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Shingles can occur anywhere. Symptoms can vary from mild to severe to debilitating. Shingles should not be taken lightly.

Depending on your health and wether or not you have been recently exposed to chickenpox or are compromised in any way, your doctor may decide to give you gamma globulin.

Almost everyone I know has had shingles in different areas. In my early 20's I was afflicted with them, on a nerve in my brain. I actually had shingles on my brain. I presented with stroke like symptoms and today those who know me can still see the permanent damage it caused. My eye is still a little wider than the other and when nervous, hot or cold my left side still droops a bit, it also affects my speech at times. Again, if you did not know about my shingles episode you would probably not notice any of this.

Currently, there are two or three medications that seem to help some people. You need to talk to your doctor about that. Also depending on the location, cortisone injections may offer some additional relief, again this must be discussed with your doctor.

I also know people who have had them so mild it was barely noticable. I hope you check out ok. If it is shingles please make sure to take care of yourself! Good Luck

ps I had a bunch of sharp little pains behind my ear just prior to onset.

Last edited by lynzy420; 05-01-2012 at 07:57 AM.
lynzy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!