View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #11
xFoxyx
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

My Presley has been living with Pancreatitis since he was 6. So basically 10 years. He has had flare ups off an on. Usually a bad one about once a year. Make sure you stick to the diet your vet has put your baby on and don't feed it any fattening table food. Its best to not feed table food at all - because the diet they are on basically has no flavor and will wait you out if they think you will feed them from the table. My baby has been through 3 different gastrointestinal dog foods as of this past week, because he gets bored with it. He went from Iams to ID and now to EN - which he loves right now. He would turn his nose up and I had to start feeding him bland chicken and rice and then he had another flare up so...its back to the dog food. My vet says even though the chicken is low in fat, it is still harder to digest than the prescription dog food. So, we've switched again. Presley will usually have some sort of stomach upset about once a month. Probably due to my husband giving him too many treats in a day. Our vet usually provides us with famotidine and will put a little extra so we don't have to always take him back into the vet. Which usually costs about $300 a trip when he's like this. Probably because we've been living with this for so long and he trusts our judgment. He is always surprised that he has managed to live this long with this condition and he believes its because we take really good care of him. Please feel free to email me with any questions.
xFoxyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!