View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #15
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodimerlyn View Post
Thanks for this but, as much as I would LOVE a puppy, I really prefer a somewhat older dog that is house trained (I can work on other behaviours). While this can be difficult to find I have seen many. I work full-time as does my husband. Our son comes home from school at three so the dog his alone from about 8:20 in the morning until 3:20 in the afternoon. So as much as I would adore a puppy, it's not fair to a puppy IMO.

I also really like the idea of a rescuing an un-wanted dog. While at this point in my life I don't have time to devote to a seriously troubled dog, I do think I have a lot to offer to a somewhat older dog (2 to 6 years).

As for video's, Skype is not a video but a virtual meeting...it's no different than being in person really other than you wouldn't be able to 'smell' my house! LOL! If you did you wouldn't smell anything really. LOL!

Again, I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand why rescues don't use this technology to their advantage.
CYTA - Home is the canadian organization located in Ontario. I dont know if they have any rescues right now or not but you could check. If you read my first paragraph, I mentioned you can try any breeder inyour area and ask if they have an OLDER one they are wanting to find a home for. Some will also have or know of an older Yorkie looking for a new home becaus the owner cant keep it anymore for one reason or another and it might be what you are looking for.
I am not sure what the reluctance on your part is to 'shop other than via internet deals' instead of actually wanting to meet the dog see where it is coming from etc. Very curious approach.
I hope rescues never do use technology. I hope they continue to insist on home visits which even the rabbit rescues in my area insist on.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!