View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #10
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Teh Canadian Yorkshire Terrier Association, parent club of the Yorkie here in Canada has a rescue part to it. There are also many breeders in Ontario I would bet not far from you that you could contact and go see. Some have older ones that haven't worked out for show rings or retired ones they want to have neutered/spayed and let them go to a nice pet home..
Rescues are selective in how they do things because they had animals to rehome that have already been through bad situations most of the time.
I do not ship because after my initial interview I want to meet the buyer and whole family before I am going to agree to a sale. It gives me the opportunity to assess the pe0ple as to whether or not they are a good home and as for the buyer it give sthem the opporunity to meet me, the pup(s), the mohter perhaps other relatives to the pupand get a feeling as ti what kind of breeder I am.
Anyone can write anything they want, videos can be sent of anything it is very hard to get a 'feeling' through a virtual world.
I am not saying this is the case with you but usually I find when someone in Canada looking for a pet ends up ordering online from the US, something isn't quite right. There are many breeders in Ontario, you are not in a province like Manitoba where few if any Yorkie breeders exist.
Search local and be patient to find the breeder and dog/puppy you want.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!