View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
kodimerlyn
Yorkie Yakker

Default Aside from the obvious, why no shipping?

So I am one of those people who take my animal responsibilities very, VERY seriously. They are part of my life and family and remain so for the duration of their lives. The only animals I ever had to rehome were my parrots which was absolutely devastating for me. But I had them before my son was born and by the time he was three he had developed such severe asthma due to the birds that he was on two different puffers twice daily. We re-homed the birds and Liam has been puffer and asthma free since. I don't EVER want to go through that kind of trauma again so make sure that is never an issue. Thankfully he has no issues with our other pets (two cats, a border collie and three rats).

Finally to my original topic.....I have been trying to offer my home to a yorkie for a while. We have a large home, with a fenced back yard, where we have lived for 8 years, we both work and have been at our respective jobs for more than 20 years and are very responsible, loving and nice people (if i do say so myself! ) However, trying to find a rescue organization that will work with us has been excruciatingly painful. Although I am hopefully that Willi will come to us, I cam see myself wanting to help give a loving home to another yorkie in the future. However the thought of trying to find the perfect one here in Canada is very daunting! I did find a lovely yorkie in the Detroit area but since I could not drive to pick him up (I don't currently have a passport) they would not work with me.

So I suppose I am wondering, in this day and age of Skype and Internet technology and air travel, why isn't it utilized more? (sorry this got so long,)

Last edited by kodimerlyn; 04-29-2012 at 02:57 PM.
kodimerlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!