Thread: Devastated
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #1
angy141
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry Devastated

Hi I would like some advice ,I have 2 yorkies bonnie and clyde,bonnie is 4 and clyde is 1,I decided to let them have a litter due to the fact me,my mum and my mother in law all have yorkies and were all looking to add to our families.Bonnie was checked by the vet and given a clean bill of health and so her and clyde mated.She was checked by the vet twice while pregnant and given worming solution etc"(both my dogs have upto date innoculations)Lat time she was checked was last Monday and we knew she was due last friday,she went into labour early on wednesday morning,we had been taking clyde to bed with us just in case she whelped in the night so he was not around her,my husband got up for work at 6 and bonnie was fine went out back to toilet and then she went back to sleep,I came down at 7.10 and there was a dead pup next to her ,the pup was clean no mess at all around bonnie she had pooped on floor but nothing else,I tried to ressucitate the pup for over half an hour but to no avail,at 8.40 she delivered another pup ,she cleaned him and he latched on to her feeding straight away and for the next 28 hours she was keeping him warm and he was feeding well ,she only left his side twice to toilet which she did on paper by her as i didnt want her to get upset by going outside and her not being able to see him. At 1.30 I checked them both and they were fine pup was feeding and she was content ,at 2.20 I noticed her nestling and moving pup about and she kept looking to me and then she picked him up and looked at me ,I immediatly checked pup and he was not breathing and there was no heartbeat,I tried to ressucitate him rubbing him with warm towel and gently swinging him in closed palms also checked his airways,I tried this for over 40 mins until I knew there was no hope,I rang vet and he advised for her to see pup again to say goodbye so I let her for 10mins (absouloutly heartbreaking to watch)The vet jus advised me that nature is cruel and it happens but she will get over it. Since this happened she has been with me constantly and I have jus been giving her extra treats ,extra cuddles and had her in bed with me,she has been looking around for her pups and though i cant help it ive been in floods of tears for her which I know her seeing me upset adds to her sadness. What i want advice on is what reasons could have caused the pups to die and I know my vet just thinks its an act of nature,and i have taken her back to get a check up yesterday and he said she is fine and as soon as her milk dries up and her hormones settle she will forget about it,but we are all totally devasted for her and i dont know what is best to do,Should I let her get pregnant again and give her pups she craves if so how long should I wait ,or should I get her spayed so we dont have to go through this again. Would she crave for a litter in the future or will she get forget about this.Any advice please x
angy141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!