View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Yuna
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Sad Has anyone been through this?

Today, I just got results back from yuna's urine test and she has a UTI which I suspected, but the vet also told me she had HIGH amounts of crystals in her urine. The results said 50 something... I think PPB. The condition is called calcium oxalate. If left untreated, they would turn into stones and require surgery. The vet attributed it to her diet. I have fed her Fromm four-star line ever since she was little (approximately 11 weeks old) and she is now 2 years old and 3 months. I did try countless brands before I settled on Fromm because she seem to love eating it. Now, I can't feed her that anymore. I got medicine for her UTI, but for the crystals, I got the Royal Canin prescription 'urinary so' food from the vet. She's not eating it. I tried mixing water with it and she doesn't eat it.

She also pooped mucus (no blood) with few strands of poop, but there was mucus left on her butt which she was rubbing all over the house. I cleaned it all up. An hour later, I find a pile of blood/ mucus and I checked her butt and there were red stains. I quickly brought sample to the vet and I am awaiting the results. The only thing I added was the Kong treats for the classic toys. Everything else was her usual food. Asides from that, the crystals are an issue so I can't even feed her Fromm or any of the favor treats anymore. I have put away all of her treats and Fromm food and trying to feed her the Royal Canin urinary so....

She's not eating, she ate a few pieces of treats earlier before I found the blood mucus, but ate nothing afterwards. I even tried giving her a treat and she won't eat it now. I don't know what to do. Has anyone been through this?
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!