View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Angry Chris Brown Selling Pit Bulls for $1000

This really ticks me off. Singer Chris Brown is selling his "family's" Pit Bulls for $1000 each (note: "Pit Bull", btw, isn't even a true breed, as most of us here know). Does he truly need the money? Why not charge a rescue-type fee and just find them some good homes? Does he know anything about the fate of Pitties???

Some stats:

- Pit bulls are not more than 5% of the total U.S. dog population, however,
- According to recent stats from the Humane Society, 70 percent of dogs housed and euthanized in urban animal shelter systems are pit bulls

Ugh.

Chris Brown Pit Bulls Selling For $1,000 A Pop

Article from HuffPo:

Chris Brown Pit Bulls Selling For $1,000 A Pop

R&B singer Chris Brown is selling pit bull puppies for $1,000 a pop on a new site called CB Breeds, and shelter advocates are none too pleased about his new hobby.

A release from the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Los Angeles (spcaLA) called Brown a "backyard breeder" and encouraged the singer to use his celebrity to encourage shelter adoptions.

"There is no reason to breed and produce more Pit Bull puppies when there are Pit puppies waiting for homes in every shelter in America,” said spcaLA President, Madeline Bernstein in the statement. "The $1000 price tag for a Chris Brown puppy could be better spent money saving the lives of shelter animals."

Brown's reps told the Associated Press that the site wasn't a new side-business for the singer. Instead, Brown is simply trying to sell a litter of puppies that his family's dog had given birth to two months ago.

Indeed, Brown doesn't seem to have directly addressed the new site. Instead, his mother Joyce Hawkins tweeted the site link on Monday, advertising the dogs as "Chris Brown Puppies."

[Edited by Wylie's Mom - actual sale info removed here]

Across the nation, pit bulls are flooding animal shelters because they are often mass-bred to be fighting dogs and then quickly abandoned. A report from Maricopa County, Ariz. revealed that pit bulls were the most likely breed to be euthanized because their violent reputations discouraged families from considering them for adoption.

To combat the breed's stigma, local shelter organizations that focus solely on pit bulls are helping to rehabilitate the dogs and raise awareness to increase adoptions.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!