View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #3
bondai
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy-LFK View Post
Hallo everyone!
We have just registered to this Yorkie community although we have read it time to time.
Well, my Ozzy is almost 4 month old and today we were to our vet for the first time for the vaccination and we came home with the shocking news – my vet thinks that my Yorkie is a mixed breed!!!
We bought Ozzy with the papers and certificate with the family tree -his mom was 2,8 kg and dad 1,6 kg. The lady, we bought it from, said that she has vaccinated him as well as she had permission to do it, but today vet said that the vaccine she has used was for cats!!! Additionally Ozzy in his 4 months old and he is already 2,7 kg heavy!!! And vet said that I should be prepared that he will be up to 6 kg when full grown which is definitely too much for the Yorkie as normally they are 3 kg!!!! So my vet thought that the papers are as well false....
There is no doubt that I love him and he is the sweetest thing ever and that I will keep him! BUT you know that betrayal feeling that you have bought a very expensive dog with all papers, so to be sure that you have clean breed and here you get a mix. How do you think – should I start the fight against the seller now or wait or I don’t know. I am in kind of shock so I was hoping that someone with the same experience would advise, what is the best thing to do in this situation…
Welcome to YT and I am sorry to hear you are having trouble. I believe you can have a breed test done on your puppy to determine if he is purebred. I am not sure how your legal system works where you live but here in the US you would have a complaint. We have a small claims court system that can be helpful for recovering losses like these.

I don't like to give advice to people but this is what I would do:
I would hug the dog and give him a treat
I would get him tested
I would file legal action against the person who sold me the dog

If you don't step in and defend yourself this seller will continue to defraud others. Good luck and let us know how things work out. We would love to see some pictures of your dog......
bondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!