View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Ok, I am a teacher and I am a mom to a special needs child. This teacher should be fired. I totally agree. This video is terrible. But don't think that all teachers are like that.

First let me say there are many many special ed teachers who are PRECIOUS! They love their kids and are wonderful to them. Also I teach in a district where it is not uncommon for any member of administration to be outside your door listening or even walking in your classroom. If you have nothing to hide, this isn't a problem. So please don't think all are like this. The teacher and the administration are to blame in my opinion.

Second, as a mom of a special needs child, I have personally had to raise the roof a few times. When my son was in elementary school all was well. 3rd and 4th grade was hell. The teacher was, for lack of better words, an idiot. Then all went well for 5th grade. Then 6th grade came along. And we had a principal who was the idiot. My son is nonverbal and they gave my child "swats" over tearing up a book. Well, the mommy hat came on and I went completely psycho. I am really not kidding. Then I changed districts and my son finished his school career at this last school. With the most AMAZING teachers ever!! They treated him just like anyone else. And I was blessed to have them.

To make a long story short, as a mom I would be on this teacher like white on rice. As a teacher and mom, please know that there are many caring and compassionate special ed teachers that have a lot to offer. I hope they remove this teacher and find one that can give this child the attention and love that is deserved.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!