Thread: I need help!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Restricting her freedom when you can't supervise closely is a very good idea. Do this until she is 100% potty trained.

Be consistent with whatever method you choose. If you want to continue using pads, always have them available to her. If you are gone more than 4-5 hours a day, I recommend pads. It is better for their bladders and overall health not to hold it for 8 hours or more.

My boys have pads available 24 hours a day and we walk twice a day. They know not to potty in other people's homes or inside public buildings. It is doable to train doggies this way.

Use keywords like "go potty" or "no potty" to let her know. When she goes in the right place on the pad or outdoors, praise her profusely! Never stop giving praise. My guys are 2 and 3 years old and we still throw parties with Woohoos! Good boy! We still give a kibble or some small treat intermittently too.

Try to anticipate the need to potty. Dogs will often go when they first wake up, after naps, after meals, after playtime or anything that is exciting.

Hope this helps.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!