View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I have to disagree with you there. Dog foods can be very healthy for our pets and many are formulated to include all the oil a dog needs. I really believe that the number one cause of dry skin is not using a quality shampoo formulated for dogs, not rinsing enough and not using a good conditioner. Many people are still buying Hertz shampoo and even Baby shampoo thinking it will be gentle, when in fact, it's made to strip the oils that cause cradle cap. A human shampoo with a different pH is also harmful to the skin. Hertz shampoo might be fine on breeds that you wash every couple of months, but with a breed you wash weekly, you want a quality shampoo that won’t strip the hair. If you are doing all that, then the next place I would look is adding oil to the diet, something that contained omega-3's either fish oil or flax seed oil, which can be ground flax seeds. There is much debate on which is best.
Dog food is not government regulated, so what's listed on the bag doesn't necessarily mean that's what's in the food. If the rendering plant has nothing to hide, then maybe they should let tour groups come in. That will never happen.
When they put all the dead and decaying animals in those huge vats and boil them, nothing, not vitamins (that they "say" are added) or anything else can survive this process. They use rancid restaurant grease to spray on this horribly stinky mess to entice animals to eat it. You have no idea what your dogs are eating when you feed a commercial dog food. There are diseased farm animals and even lab and zoo animals. There are euthanized animals and it's a proven fact that what they use to euthanize the animal, cannot be killed by the boiling process and that it causes cancers and other major health problems in companion animals and also farm animals. The pets that are euthanized by the Vets. Zoos and labs, are picked up once a week and taken straight to the rendering plants. They are piled high on the floors of the plant and are actually rotting before they throw in the entire carcass. There are rats also running about that get dumped in.
If you want to know more about this process, then buy the book titled FOOD THAT PETS DIE FOR by Ann N. Martin. She had them in and out of court for over 7 years. Since the government gets a major slice of the profit and turns a blind eye, you may as well try to sue the government itself!! Tons of information is out there warning pet owners, but it seems they would rather put dry dog food down since it's easier than home cooking. Some people of course still haven't been told and don't know the process.

Closer Look At A Rendering Plant
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!