Thread: Mom vs. Nails
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
Brewfilek
YT Addict

Sad Mom vs. Nails

so i'm looking for some advice from my Yt'ers

the battle of mom vs nails....

i get Brew's nails done at the groomers every month or two when he goes, but i was researching threads about how if you cut them more often the quick moves back and you can keep them shorter. so i went out and got some nice new nail clippers...

well...*ding* the battle is on!

i've tried on a few occasions (very calmly) to get a few nails done. i have never seen him sooo vicious in his life. his nose crinkled right up, and he tried to bite me and the clippers (and not a play bite either). I kept with it, giving him time and love, but he is like nothing i've ever seen before. he's wild.

normally when i do the regular mom things (poopy bums, teeth brushing, hair brushing, baths) i get a full submission. he doesn't growl or bite ever. he just sulks up and hangs his head until i'm done. This is the only time i've gotten any agression out of him.

i don't want to ruin our strong bond by having him be so obviously po'd at me for this. i'm happy with the job the groomer does. do you think i am better to just leave it with the professionals. i also don't want to back down really either, because once that starts...i know the rest of the drill.

i'd love to hear your thoughts!
Brewfilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!