Thread: Animal Planet
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #9
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Oh, dogfighting is the worst! Was it Animal Cops Detroit that had so much of that? One of the Animal Cops shows had so many episodes that contained a call or two per episode it seemed where they arrived to find a chewed up, bleeding poor dog, usually wagging his tail and smiling so big - the way only a Pitbull can. And none of the people hanging around the house would claim it, stating it really belonged to "this guy" or something equally vague. Never had an owner's name. Then they would argue to keep the dog there oftentimes when the officers said they were going to take it in for vet care, etc., saying they were looking after it for "this guy". And then sometimes some of those poor dogs were so scared, it was hard to catch them and just so painful to see them hide & run from the very guys tying to catch & help them. Sometimes the officers would find other dogs on the premises that even though not currently injured, were covered with scars, scabs & deformities from non-treated, healed injuries. I'll never forget those episodes where they would go & find the actual blood-covered fighting pits or rooms those thugs would use along with the various sickening fighting accoutrements meant to inflict even more injury. What kind of creature could possibly find watching dogfighting anything but disgusting & horrifying? I agree that shows like that have done so much to inform the public of the various ways our society is cruel, abusive & neglectful of our dogs & other animals. Reading a news article about the problem is just not the same as seeing the problem right on your own TV.
Yes, the Detroit show is horrible. Dog fighting must be a huge problem there. I know what you mean, even the "winners" look so bad.

Join today and remove this ad!