View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broodizt View Post
Hello all,

I am worried sick about Cassie as for the past 4 to 5 months she cannot breath through her nose, she is totally congested and we have tried absolutely everything including IV antibiotics, two antibiotics at one time, allergy medicine, wholistic medicine, etc etc. Nothing helps and no one, not the ER Doc nor my holistic Vet really knows what it is. The ER Doc says she is suspicious there may be a tumor up in the nasal cavity and I did some research on the net, and it is very scary. The ER Doc says there are no instruments small enough to scope her nose and that she would have to have anesthesia and be given a CAT scan or MRI. And that comes with its own health risks. I simply don't know what to do anymore. I'm at my wits end. My poor baby is suffering so. She is having a hard time eating as she can't eat and breathe at the same time. At times she gasps for air. We can't seem to clear it up. Is there any other reason for these symptoms going on for so long, other than a tumor. The prognosis for nasal tumors is not good. I am so worried I can't sleep and I got a severe cold myself from the stress. Please help!!!

Thanks everyone,
Shellie Muffin and Cassie
How stressful for both of you! You need to go to the nearest University vet school. They will have the instruments needed to diagnosis that issue and the people that will know how to do it. She is so very miserable, you need to tend to this asap...she cant even breathe right and eat at the same time...you need a diagnosis and a plan of care for this baby.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!