View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astateshorty View Post
We let him play in the living room. He usually stays close, he doesn't like to be where he can't see us. And during the day, he stays in a kennel. I feel mean making him stay in a kennel except to play for a little bit and pee. I like to let him roam around. We did the same with Loki, just took awhile. I figure if we're consistant with Ryder, it should be the same way...
Well if both eyes are on him, its okay for him to be in the living room, but a pee pad should always be close by, he will not seek it out. I agree, you don't want to crate him all day, but an x-pen is the best of both worlds, they have a little freedom but their pad is close by. I don't think you can expect the same things from Ryder as you do your other dog. The reason YorkieTalk is so popular is that this breed is a little bit different than any other breed. They are known for being difficult to housebreak, but I really believe that humans are the ones making the mistakes. We are always teaching them something whether you know it or not. Also, don't get upset about the mistakes, have a bottle of enzyme cleaner handy and ignore the mistakes and praise the success. If you make a big deal and scare them, you might have other issues later. like submission urination, where they pee every time they are nervous.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 04-22-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!