View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
DarkSideEwok
Yorkie Talker

thanks for all the support guys and gals.

chewie woke up this morning. i put him on the ground and he just laid where he was put down. that concerned me, but then he started following me around throughout my house with his normal vigor and cute stroll. he peed and pooped and ate his breakfast like a champion.

when i was going to take him on a short car ride, he was jumping in circles and showed no signs that yesterday even happened! which was very lovely.

so far, he is not limping, although i am going to continue administering the pain meds the Vet prescribed - Deramaxx.

i am going to continue to monitor him and restrict his activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Has he injured that toe/paw before? "Spot on the bone" in a human, and our minds go to osteomyelitis.......
he has not injured a paw or toe before. so this is all new.

it wasn't a spot more as it was...shading of the bone. i just wikipediad osteomyelitis ... which seems like waviness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
When you say a black spot, was it on a toe bone? If so, what was the diagnosis by the vet and what is being planned to diagnose the black spot? If it was on the flesh, same questions.
it was a shade of black. not so much a spot or a circular/ovular item. also, there was nothing visible on the flesh/paw/skin.

the vet said that she will contact me on tuesday after the pain med administration is complete to check on chewie. if he continues to limp (i hope not) that they will forward the X-ray to the radiologist and see what happens.

i am hoping that he continues to heal.

thanks so much for the support!
DarkSideEwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!