View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Miranda918
Yorkie Talker

Default Does this make sense from breeder? New baby boy!

Hi everyone, I am new to YT! I just picked up my second yorkie today, (2 1/2 years at 5 lbs) and brand new 8 week old boy. I refer to this site A LOT and hopefully someone can either answer my question or explain the meaning behind it..

So, my new baby boy is 30 oz today and exactly 8 weeks. I picked him out at 3 weeks and he was 6.2 oz. Does this make sense or does it sound like we are dealing with a switcher- roo here...? I am referencing to the charts that are available online but that is just a guestimation. His parents are mom 5 lbs and dad 3 lbs. I picked the smallest boy of the litter. There is a girl that was small also, who is 10-12 oz and not healthy.

My little girl is 5 lbs. I received her at 2.2lbs and she doubled in weight and size from 12 weeks. I was hoping he would be smaller than the girl but if I triple his weight at 8 weeks he will be bigger than my girl.

Also, the breeder will not disclose the information or weights of the others in the litter.

Not sure what I'm dealing with here and as a buyer what I am and am not able to know.
Miranda918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!