View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Try having a professional groomer or your vet do it at first and be there-it's not just about you learning but having a professional experienced they will train him to behave for it and be much better-faster.

I use Dogwell's Mellow Mut chicken jerky here regularly for nail trims on one fo my dogs. We have also tried rescue remedy.

You should not be holding him down-he should either be on a groomign table or a make ship grooming station area in your home or laying on your lap relaxing.

Have you tried exercising him first so he's exhausted prior to grooming attempts?

Someone suggested doing it while they are asleep I'm not sure this is productive though.

Are you using a clipper to a file-filing can really ease it. I have a friend who's dog loves getting her nail's filed it relaxing for her because it's a behavior pattern and routine-she get attention and then treats.

Remember with nail trims etc being forceful can cause and accident and they won't forget that, it will only make it harder in the future.

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!