View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
SarahHopeless
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Omg Tiny Red Bug Seen Crawling on New Born Yorkie Pup Please Please Help

Ok, so my 2 year old Yorkie, Peanut, just had two pups yesterday at 3:00am. The pups are so adorable and are doing really well, but today I noticed a very small red bug crawling on one of the babies skin. I noticed it another time and had my husband watch when I was at school and he saw it as well. After googling, I discovered that perhaps it was Red Mange/Mites, but I could find no information regarding new born puppies having them that visible to the naked eye. Mind you, the bug was very small, but it was red so it was easier to spot going across the slick, black fur of the pups. Also, there is hair loss on the pup's faces.

Peanut has had an itching problem in the past and at one point, lost a lot of hair around her eye. I took her to 2 different vets, who both told me to switch shampoo's and conditioners and never even mentioned this as a possible diagnosis, which really gets infuriating because it itching did not stop. I put cream on her eye every night and once all the hair was removed and with the cream, the problem went away but she still itches behind her ear.

From what I have read, the pups would have it only if the mother had it and gave it to them after birth. I do not want to lose the puppies and don't know if this is normal or anything I can do. I am calling a vet first thing in the morning, but I wanted to post this and see if anyone knew. I am attaching pictures of her and the pups. I also have a male dog Flagger and will post a picture of him so he does not feel left out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (3).JPG (119.7 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 28535_100346653350741_100001262190948_587_5471913_n.jpg (63.9 KB, 46 views)
SarahHopeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!